These S mores cupcakes are absolutely amazing! They have a graham cracker bottom, rich chocolate cake in the middle, and topped with a toasted marshallow frosting!
If you're a fan of the classic campfire treat, you're going to love these S mores Cupcakes! With a graham cracker crust, chocolate cupcake, and toasted marshmallow frosting, these cupcakes are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
I like S'mores much better as a cupcake because there's no need for a campfire. Plus, there's a lot less mess when eating them. Here's how to make them
Table of Contents
What You Will Need To Make S MORES CUPCAKES
- Graham cracker crumbs. It's so much easier to buy the crumbs than to crush whole graham crackers.
- Marshmallow flavoring.
- Butter, sugar, AP flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, oil, salt, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, boiling water (or coffee).
- Cupcake liners.
- 24 count cupcake muffin pan.
- Food torch
How To Make S Mores Cupcakes Recipe
Start by mixing graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar. Place into each of the cupcake liners and press to pack it down. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes and allow to cool.
Next, it's time to make the s mores cupcakes. Using a stand mixer, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar and cocoa. Add eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla; beat for 2 minutes. Pour in boiling water or hot coffee and stir on lowest setting.
I like to use coffee instead of hot water because it makes the chocolate taste much richer and intense. If you prefer a less intense chocolate flavor, then use hot water.
Pour into cupcake liners using a measuring cup. You'll have less mess by doing it this way.
Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
The cupcakes are done, so now it's time to make the marshmallow frosting. I make marshmallow using the same method as making Italian meringue.
In stand mixer using the whip attachment, add the whites of 4 eggs and cream of tartar. Beat until stiff peaks form.
In a medium saucepan, add sugar, water, and corn syrup. Cook until the temp reaches soft ball stage or 235°.
Next, with the mixer on low, slowly pour in hot sugar until incorporated. Add marshmallow flavoring. Increase speed to high and beat until bowl becomes cool to touch.
Then, you'll want to put the marshallow frosting into a piping bag. Frost the cupcakes as you see fit.
Lastly, torch them to give them a toasted marshmallow taste, just like being at a campfire!
Here are some new similar recipesPrint
How To Make Best S'mores Cupcakes Recipe
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 55
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Category: Desserts
For Graham Cracker Bottom:
1 ¼ graham cracker crumbs
¼ cup sugar
⅓ cup melted butter
For Chocolate Cupcakes:
2 cups sugar
1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
¾ cup cocoa powder
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk
½ cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water or hot coffee
For Marshmallow Frosting:
4 egg whites
¼ tsp cream of tartar
1 ½ cups sugar
¼ cup water
1 tbs corn syrup
1 tsp marshmallow flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar.
- Place crumbs into cupcake liners and press down.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a stand mixer, combine all dry ingredients for chocolate cupcakes. Then add eggs, oil, milk, vanilla. Mix for 2 minutes.
- Add boiling water and stir.
- Pour into cupcake liners.
- Bake cupcakes at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- In a stand mixer, add egg whites and cream of tartar. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- In a medium saucepan, add sugar, water, corn syrup and cook until temp is 235° or soft ball stage.
- Slowly pour hot sugar into beaten egg whites on lowest speed until completely incorporated.
- Add marshmallow flavoring.
- Increase speed to high and beat until cooled.
- Pipe marshmallow frosting onto cupcakes.
- Toast marshmallow frosting using a food torch.
Makes 24 cupcakes
Keywords: s mores cupcakes