Who can think of snow, holidays, and wintertime without also thinking of having a piece of delicious peppermint bark? Not me! I don’t know about you, but this is also a treat that I can eat year-round!
You’ll never buy peppermint bark again after seeing how simple and easy it is to make at home. Making peppermint bark only calls for a handful of ingredients and is as simple as layering white chocolate on top of dark chocolate and adding broken pieces of peppermint candy. See? I told you it was easy to make!
Table of Contents
Tips For Peppermint Bark Recipe
- Start off with only a few drops of peppermint oil. You’ll be surprised as to how strong it is. Give your chocolate a taste test to see if you want it to have a more minty taste, but don’t forget that you’ll be adding peppermint pieces to the top. If you can’t find peppermint oil, then you can substitute with peppermint extract.
- Line the bottom of your pan with parchment to make for easy removal.
- Use a silicone spatula or offset spatula as it will allow for easy spreading of the chocolate layers.
- Make sure that you buy white chocolate that actually contains cocoa butter; it will allow for easier adhesion to the semi-sweet chocolate layer. Also, be sure to bring the chocolate to room temperature before adding the white chocolate, whether you’re using a brand with or without cocoa butter. If you add white chocolate (especially artificial white chocolate) to cold chocolate, then you’ll likely end up with layers that separate and I know you don’t want that.
- Peppermint candies that contains peppermint oil has a stronger peppermint flavor than those with artificial peppermint flavoring.
OTHER RECIPES TO TRYPrint
Easy Peppermint Bark Recipe
- Prep Time: 45
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Desserts
1 – 12oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
16oz of white chocolate
3–4 drops peppermint oil
Broken peppermint pieces
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate in a microwave or double boiler.
- Add peppermint oil to semi-sweet chocolate.
- Pour chocolate onto parchment lined cookie sheet or 9×13 pan and spread.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to solidify.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave or double boiler.
- Remove from refrigerator add melted white chocolate to the top of the semi-sweet chocolate layer and spread.
- Add peppermint pieces to the top and gently press down so that they don’t fall once the white chocolate becomes solid.
- Refrigerate for about 15 minutes until solid.
- Cut using a knife or break into pieces as desired.
Keywords: Peppermint Bark