Garlic Parmesan Wings are a staple in many households and they make for a perfect snack or meal. Whether you’re hosting a gathering, a game day party or just having a movie night with the family, wings are always a crowd-pleaser. With the added garlic and parmesan cheese, this Garlic Parmesan Wings recipe takes the classic wing to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love These Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Flavorful seasonings: The wings are seasoned with a combination of baking powder, salt, onion powder, and black pepper, which infuses them with flavor and creates that crispy skin that everyone loves.
- Easy-to-make sauce: The garlic parmesan sauce is made with just a few simple ingredients and is easy to make in just a few minutes. It’s the perfect complement to the crispy wings.
- Versatile cooking method: You can bake the wings in the oven or air fry them for a healthy alternative. Both methods produce delicious and crispy results.
- Perfect for any occasion: These Garlic Parmesan Wings are perfect for game day parties, movie nights, or any gathering with friends and family. They are sure to be a hit with everyone.
- Crowd-pleaser: Wings are a crowd-pleaser, and this recipe takes them to the next level with the addition of garlic and parmesan cheese.
Ingredients Needed To Make Garlic Parmesan Wings:
For the wings:
- 4 lbs chicken wings, cut into drumettes and flats
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
For the sauce:
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 8 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Wings:
One of the keys to making great wings is to season them well before cooking. The seasonings in this recipe, including baking powder, salt, onion powder, and black pepper, infuse the wings with flavor and help to create that crispy skin that everyone loves. To make sure the wings are fully seasoned, it’s best to let them sit in the seasonings overnight before cooking.
When it’s time to cook, preheat your oven to 400 degrees and place the wings on a baking sheet with a wire rack. This allows air to circulate around the wings and helps to ensure even cooking. Bake for 45 minutes or until the skin is crispy and golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
While the wings are baking, it’s time to make the sauce. For this Garlic Parmesan sauce, you will need just a few simple ingredients: butter, garlic, parmesan cheese, and parsley. In a pan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the chopped garlic. Cook for 3 minutes, then turn off the heat and add the chopped parsley.
Once the wings are cooked, place them in a bowl or other container. Pour the butter mixture over the wings and sprinkle the grated parmesan cheese over the top. Stir to mix everything together, making sure the wings are evenly coated in the sauce.
Why Use Baking Powder for Chicken Wings?
Using baking powder on chicken wings is a common technique to help achieve crispy skin. The alkaline nature of the baking powder helps to break down the proteins in the skin, making it tender and crispy when cooked. The baking powder also reacts with heat to release carbon dioxide, which helps to leaven and crisp the skin.
Additionally, the baking powder helps to dry out the skin, which is crucial for creating that crispy texture. Moisture on the surface of the skin can prevent it from getting crispy, so the dryness created by the baking powder helps to ensure a crispy result.
It’s important to note that using too much baking powder can result in a bitter taste, so it’s recommended to use the amount specified in the recipe. When used in the correct amount, baking powder can be a great tool for achieving perfectly crispy chicken wings.
Can I Air Fry My Wings?
Yes, you can air fry your wings! Air frying is a healthy alternative to deep-frying, and it’s a great way to make crispy chicken wings.
To air fry the wings, preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees and place the seasoned wings in a single layer in the basket. Cook for 20-25 minutes, flipping the wings half way through, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees and the skin is crispy.
It’s important to not overcrowd the air fryer basket, as this can prevent the wings from getting crispy. If necessary, cook the wings in batches. Also, be sure to shake the basket occasionally to ensure even cooking.
Once the wings are cooked, toss them in the garlic parmesan sauce as described in the recipe, and serve hot. Air frying is a convenient and easy way to make delicious and crispy Garlic Parmesan Wings without all the added fat of deep-frying. Find more recipes.
Tips for Making the Best Garlic Parmesan Wings:
- Season the wings well: Make sure to season the wings thoroughly with baking powder, salt, onion powder, and black pepper. This will help to infuse them with flavor and create a crispy skin.
- Let the wings rest: After seasoning the wings, let them rest uncovered in the refrigerator for at least an hour or overnight for the best results. This allows the seasoning to penetrate the meat and helps to dry out the skin, ensuring a crispy texture.
- Cook at a high temperature: To achieve crispy skin, cook the wings at a high temperature, either in the oven at 425 degrees or in an air fryer at 400 degrees.
- Don’t overcrowd the cooking surface: To ensure even cooking and crispiness, don’t overcrowd the baking sheet or air fryer basket. If necessary, cook the wings in batches.
- Toss the wings in the sauce: After cooking the wings, toss them in the garlic parmesan sauce to coat them evenly. This will help the sauce to stick to the wings and provide an extra burst of flavor.
- Use fresh ingredients: For the best flavor, use fresh garlic, parsley, and grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot: Serve the Garlic Parmesan Wings hot, straight out of the oven or air fryer, for the best texture and flavor.
OTHER RECIPES TO TRY:
- Homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups – Easy 3 Ingredient Recipe
- Small Batch Strawberry Jam Recipe without Pectin
- The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Crispy Garlic Parmesan Wings | Oven Baked
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
For the wings:
4 lbs chicken wings, cut into drumettes and flats
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 teaspoons black pepper
For the sauce:
1 stick of unsalted butter
8 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cut the chicken wings into drumettes and flats.
- In a large bowl, combine the baking powder, salt, onion powder, and black pepper. Add the wings to the bowl and toss to coat evenly.
- Refrigerate uncovered for at least an hour, or overnight for the best results.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees or preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Place a wire rack on a baking sheet. Arrange the wings in a single layer on the rack, making sure they are not touching.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, or air fry for 25 minutes, or until the skin is golden brown and the internal temperature of the wings reaches 165 degrees.
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the chopped garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the chopped parsley. Stir to combine.
- Place the cooked wings in a large bowl or container.
- Pour the butter mixture over the wings and toss to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle the grated parmesan cheese over the wings and stir to mix.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: garlic parmesan wings