Looking for a new and delicious snack to satisfy your cravings? Get ready to be blown away by our Best Cheesy Collard Green Chips recipe - a tasty and healthy alternative to the popular kale chips. These chips are sure to impress with their mouthwatering flavor and crispy texture. Plus, with the addition of nutritional yeast, they have a delightful cheesy taste that will keep you coming back for more. Don't worry if you haven't tried nutritional yeast before, it's easy to find at most grocery stores. So, grab some collard greens and get ready to enjoy the best snack ever!
Table of Contents
Ingredients For Collard Green Chips
- 6 collard leaves with ribs removed
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 tbs nutritional yeast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
How To Make Collard Green Chips?
First, wash your collards and then cut the stems. The stems are tough and bitter, so you definitely want to make sure that you remove them.
Next, you'll want to tear them into medium sized pieces. No need to use a knife; it's much easier and faster to just use your hands for this! Don't make them too small because they will lose water as they bake in the oven. Put the pieces into a salad spinner to remove the excess water from the collards.
In a bowl, drizzle the collards with oil, add seasonings and nutritional yeast. Massage them with your hands to make sure everything gets evenly distributed. Then, place onto a baking sheet.
You want to make sure that you leave enough space between the chips so that the chips get nice a crispy. Depending on how many collard chips you want, several batches may be needed.
When they're done, sprinkle them with more nutritional yeast to give them an extra cheesy flavor!
In conclusion, collard green chips are a delicious and nutritious snack that offer a range of health benefits. Whether you are looking to maintain a healthy diet or simply enjoy a tasty snack, collard green chips are an excellent choice. So why not try making them at home today? Your taste buds and your body will thank you!
Variations Of Collard Green Chips
- Spicy Collard Green Chips: Add a pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes for a spicy kick.
- Garlic Parmesan Collard Green Chips: Add some garlic powder and grated parmesan cheese for a savory twist.
- Ranch Collard Green Chips: Mix in some ranch seasoning for a classic and delicious flavor.
- Smoky Collard Green Chips: Add some smoked paprika for a rich and smoky flavor.
- Lemon Herb Collard Green Chips: Add some lemon zest and dried herbs like thyme or rosemary for a fresh and bright flavor.
- Chili Lime Collard Green Chips: Squeeze fresh lime juice over the chips and sprinkle with chili powder for a tangy and spicy snack.
The possibilities are endless, so don't be afraid to get creative and experiment with different seasonings and flavors to find your perfect variation.
FAQ's About Collard Green Chips
Q: How do I store the collard green chips?
A: Store the chips in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. If the chips start to lose their crispiness, you can reheat them in the oven for a few minutes.
Q: Can I use other types of greens instead of collard greens?
A: Yes, you can try using other sturdy greens like kale or Swiss chard.
Q: What is nutritional yeast?
A: Nutritional yeast is a deactivated yeast that is often used as a vegan or vegetarian substitute for cheese. It has a nutty and slightly cheesy flavor and is high in protein and vitamins.
Q: Can I make these chips in a dehydrator instead of the oven?
A: Yes, you can make these chips in a dehydrator by following the manufacturer's instructions for dehydrating vegetables.
Q: Can I make these chips without nutritional yeast?
A: Yes, you can omit the nutritional yeast if you prefer. The chips will still be delicious, but they won't have the cheesy flavor.
Q: Are these chips gluten-free?
A: Yes, these chips are gluten-free as long as the nutritional yeast and any other ingredients you use are also gluten-free.
Q: Can I double or triple the recipe?
A: Yes, you can easily double or triple the recipe to make more chips. Just make sure to use a large enough baking sheet or dehydrator to accommodate the extra chips.
Check Out More Recipes:
- HOW TO MAKE SOUTHERN MIXED GREENS RECIPE (COLLARD, TURNIP, MUSTARD)
- QUICK AND EASY BLACK EYED PEAS RECIPE
- BEST RESTAURANT STYLE CREAMED SPINACH RECIPE
Cheesy Collard Green Chips (Better than Kale Chips!)
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
6 collard leaves with ribs removed
2 tbs vegetable oil
2 tbs nutritional yeast
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Wash and dry greens.
- Tear greens into pieces.
- Place greens in a bowl. Add oil, salt, cayenne, garlic powder and nutritional yeast. Mix together.
- Place collards on a baking sheet, making sure to leave a little room between each piece.
- Bake for 15 minutes - turning halfway through baking.
- Sprinkle with more nutritional yeast when done baking.
Dry collards on a rack or use a salad spinner.
Keywords: collard green chips