6 slices of thick cut challah or white bread
1 cup milk
2 tsp cinnamon
10 slices of regular cut bacon
Oil for deep frying
1. Preheat the deep fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Remove crust and cut into equal sized sticks.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, and cinnamon until well combined.
4. Dip both sides of each French toast stick into the egg mixture.
5. Wrap a slice of bacon around the dipped French toast stick and secure the bacon in place with a couple of toothpicks. You may find that you’ll only need a half slice of bacon.
6. Carefully add the bacon wrapped French toast sticks into the hot oil in the deep fryer, being sure not to overcrowd the basket.
7. Fry the sticks for about 2 minutes per side, or until they're golden brown and the bacon is done to your liking.
8. Remove the sticks from the fryer using a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain off any excess oil.
9. Serve hot with syrup.